• Prenatal nutrition
• Postnatal nutrition
• Nutrition for lactation
• Transitioning from breast or bottle to solids
• Feeding your toddler and beyond
• Introduction of family meals
• Help for picky eaters
• Recipe modification
Individual Medical Nutrition Therapy
• Group Nutrition Education
What to Expect: Private / Individual
Good nutrition is more than protein, fats and carbohydrates. Maya believes that a good diet is based on real, whole foods. And the best diet is one that can be followed for a lifetime.
Maya will assess your current diet and eating patterns as well as address any diet related chronic illnesses. She will also collect an extensive health history. Using this information she will then recommend a nutrition plan that is tailored to your individual needs.
Follow Up Consultations
Maya will evaluate where you are in relation to your initial assessment. Based on this evaluation she will advise and educate you so that you can continue to reach your nutrition and health related goals. Please keep in mind that each person is unique so the number of follow ups are set on a person to person basis.
What to Expect: Group Counseling
Maya has facilitated lectures in schools and with healthcare professionals. Lecture topics have included a wide variety of nutrition-related themes. Some examples of recent lectures follow.
• Making healthful choices on the go
• Nutrition and physical activity
• Tips for limiting fast food intake
• Ways to eat more fruits and vegetables
• Quick and healthy fast family meals
For Healthcare Professionals
• Nutrition and food insecurity
• Nutrition and heart disease
• Weight loss
• Practical tips and tools for increasing your fiber intake
• Smart shopping: grocery lists, stocking a healthful pantry
• Myth busting: setting the record straight on common health and nutrition myths
Maya can tailor lectures to meet the specific needs of your group.